We had another doctor appointment this morning. When Walt came home form the hospital, we discovered after several stressful days in and out of the doctor's office, that Walt had C. Difficile (bacterial infection in his intestines). We treated him for 10 days with an antibiotic and he seems to be doing better. They also mentioned a possible milk allergy, but I think we have pretty much ruled that out. When we went for our two week appointment, he weighed 7 lbs and was 20 inches. Today he weighed 8 lbs and 11 ounces. Dr. Flowers said he went from the 9th percentile 2 weeks ago to the 30th percentile. So all is well here with Walt.
We are going on our first road trip with Walt. We are going to the mountains for Memorial Day weekend with my family. I thought packing up the pets to take on a trip or to the vet was a lot, but I have had to create a list to pack for Walt. In the mountains, you can't just run to the store for something. So I hope the traveling with Walt will go smoothly. It will be nice to have a change of scenery and a long weekend away from home.
2 comments:
Ya'll have a wonderful trip to the mountains. My brother was up there last weekend and said the weather was beautiful...hopefully you will have the same. I'm sure Walt will love the cool mountain air!
Meredith...I'm keeping up with you and Michael through your blog, which LIndsey shared. Maybe I've already told you that! Anyway, have fun on your trip. After this first time, you'll be a pro at traveling with a baby.
Post a Comment