Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Walt woke up this morning at 5:50 am crying. I heard a loud thump and thought maybe he hit his head, so I went to check on him. He had wet out of his diaper and it was cold here this morning. So after changing his pajamas and diaper, he was ready to play. So we played and watched some cartoons while mommy drank several cups of coffee. He went down for a nap at 7:30 am.

Yesterday I kept him up until noon and put him down with the hopes of a long nap. That completely back-fired and he was up shortly after 1 pm. I like the 2 naps a day because it gives me a break but they are so inconsistent. He can take a fabulous morning nap but then doesn't take a good afternoon nap. Some say to let him take a great nap in the morning and a short one in the afternoon. Some suggest to have him take one nap a day and others recommend waking him up from his morning nap after like 30-45 minutes and hopefully he will have a better afternoon nap. Do any of you mothers out there have any recommendations?

1 comment:

Belue said...

Hey...well I know that the napping subject can be very tricky. I do know that from my experience, Sawyer gave up his morning nap and started taking a long afternoon nap around Walt's age. He was still able to sleep at night too. Sawyer is a night owl though. So, I guess it depends upon your schedule b/c Sawyer likes to sleep late too. I have never been a schedule person with Sawyer. I just let him decide his nap time and the length. I know that every child is much different. Maybe you could shorten both of Walt's naps and still keep 2 per day. Good luck!