Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How Quickly Things Change

I went Monday morning for my biophysical profile test. I mentioned feeling crampy to the ultrasound tech and that I was having a lot of braxton hicks contractions that had started on Sunday. The girls scored 8/8 on the test and everything looked great. Monday afternoon, I emailed my doctor to ask about the braxton hicks contractions and she called and wanted me to go the the hospital for monitoring, steroid shot for babies lungs and meds. When I arrived at the hospital, they hooked me up to monitors. I was contracting every 3 minutes. SCARY! So started all the shots, fluids, meds, and so on. I spent 24 hours in the hospital trying to slow down/stop the preterm labor. It has slowed down, but not gone away. I am home on strict bedrest. It is amazing how things change so quickly.

3 comments:

Trish said...

I know, bedrest is tough! I'm thinking about you and praying for NO labor any time soon. Take care!

Belue said...

Wow...I'm praying for you and the babies. Call me if you get bored cause I'm on maternity leave. Have fun relaxing!

julie machen said...

Oh, wow....brings back a flood of memories. Thinking of you and sending good vibes your way. Thank goodness you were in touch with your body and your babes. Rock on mama.