Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This week

This week's appointment was very uneventful. During my non-stress test, I wasn't having as many contractions as last week. The girls look very good and are practicing breathing, heart rates are good and seem to be in good health. I saw my doctor and she said that she knows I am miserable (um yes I am!) but she is pleased with the progress and being able to hold off preterm labor.

Walt has been a trooper through all of this. He has adjusted to having different people in and out all the time and continues to go with the flow. I am thankful for the time he has gotten to spend with my mom since we don't see her as much as we'd like. He is going to be a great and loving big brother. I am sad he can't come to the hospital to meet the girls but I understand the Flu policy and respect it especially since our babies will be so small. He is now 21 months and knows a lot of his colors and is talking up a storm. He is obsessed with "fixing it". He has his own tools and insists on fixing everything in the house. He has started saying complete sentences. It is amazing to see his brain in action and being able to communicate with each other. What a blessing!

I want to welcome Isa and Fletcher to our group of friends. Our good friend delivered her twins last Thursday and they are both healthy. I went to visit them in the hospital and they were so cute. Mommy and babies are home and doing well. I told Alyssa the day before her delivery that the scary thing was that between she and I we were going to have 4 newborns within 3 weeks- Scary thought! And 6 children under 2 years old. Now tell me that's not crazy!

McNair (my niece) turns 3 next week and Landon (my nephew) is being Christened next weekend. I am sad we won't get to go to the birthday party and Christening but will be thinking of Melissa, John, McNair, and Landon all weekend.

No comments: