Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

I came home from the hospital last night in time to have dinner with Walt and help put him to bed. It was a very emotional afternoon for me as it didn't sit well that I was coming home without the girls. I had a hard time holding myself together even though I knew they were in the best care and wouldn't want to be at home having feeding issues. Michael and I went back up to the hospital to tuck them into their new spot and make sure everything was okay. They were moved from the NICU to the Special Care Nursery. That is where they should have been from the start but there weren't any beds for the girls.

I have spent Valentine's Day going back and forth to the hospital for feedings and enjoying Walt. It is not as loud and busy as the NICU. Their weights flopped and Creighton now weighs 4.93 lbs and Elizabeth is 4.8 lbs. Creighton ate two of her feedings all from a bottle today and in about 30 minutes. It was a great Valentine's Day present for me. Elizabeth is still struggling but we know they will both get it when they are ready. They had their feeding amounts increased today from 30 Ccs t0 35 Ccs. Michael and I did the 11 am and 5 pm feedings. My parents and I did the 2 pm feeding. Michael and his parents are doing the 8 pm feeding. So it has been a busy day trying to be with the girls at feeding time and play with Walt in between.

2 comments:

The Henderson's said...

Mere ~ so glad to hear that the girls feeding are getting easier. We will continue to pray for them and for your and Michael's strength. Hang in there. We love you and can't wait to see you all. Give the girls and Walt kisses from us.

fayebracey said...

Meredith,
So much is happening and all good! Glad you have so much love and support. You all are doing a terrific job. Just hang in there and the girls will be home before you know it. My thoughts and prayers are with you all!
Love, Aunt Faye