Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Long Time

It's been a long time since I have had a chance to think about the blog. We are all holding up very well and the girls are growing like weeds. At our last dr appointment, Elizabeth weighed 7lbs and 10 oz and Creighton weighed 7 lbs and 9 oz and all other measurements were exactly the same. They were able to come off the high calorie formula and the doctor said they are doing great.

Walt has been such a wonderful big brother. He has done nothing but love on the girls and try to be helpful by getting pacifiers, blankets and even car seats when he sees me put a baby in one of them. He had spring break from Mother's Morning Out last week and it wasn't too bad having all three here by myself. I felt like I didn't get enough time with Walt but he was patient as I tended to the girls. The girls will cry and he will go over to them and say, "It's alright!"

Michael and I are still working out the night feeding schedule and think we have found a plan. He does the 10 pm feeding and lets me go on to bed and then I do the middle of the night feeding. Then we both do the 6 am feeding and it works. It had been taking about an hour to feed (even doing it at the same time) until a few days ago. I started putting a little rice cereal in their bottles because they spit up so much and so we have faster flowing nipples- wow what a difference. It only took me 30 minutes the other night. It was awesome! But as with all babies, some feedings are better than others. We are so thankful for sweet babies who are so good. We know it could be a lot worse and are thankful the babies are healthy without any issues that make them cry all the time or be up during the night.

It took me seven weeks to figure out ways to tell them apart. We had started putting a safety pin on Creighton's clothes to tell them apart. Now if we forget the pin, I can tell the apart but it's not by taking a quick glance at their face. They still look identical.

No comments: