It has been awhile since I have posted anything and I wanted to put an update as to what is going on with us. Walt has been through a series of tests this week to find out what is causing the low grade fevers he has had for about 5 weeks. There is speculation it is endocarditis. This is a bacterial infection in the blood that colonizes in the lining of the heart and valves. We have had blood work done several times this week, met with our pediatrician and have an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist tomorrow at 2 pm. They will do an EKG and other testing to see if there is any damage to Walt's heart and see if infection has set in. Our pediatrician does not think there is damage to his heart or anything wrong with his heart because he is still so active. If it is endocarditis, we will be in the hospital at least 3 days for antibiotics through an IV.
We are doing some samples for GI infections and haven't gotten those results yet. He had an infection in the intestines when he was born. All of these symptoms came on after a virus he had about 6 weeks ago that included diarhea.
If we get no answers from all the testing, we will be referred to an infectious disease doctor at Egleston. Our pediatrician was going to contact that doctor and discuss posibilities and try to brainstorm what's happening with Walt.
We ask each of you to pray for Walt and that we find the culprit to his daily low grade fevers and get him treated as soon as possible.
On a different note, we would like to share that we are expecting again and it is TWINS! Are you as shocked as we are? We went yesterday for our first appt and saw a little heartbeat and thought we were good to go and all the sudden the nurse said and there's another heartbeat. They are measuring small, about 5 weeks and a few days, (we thought we were at least 6 weeks or so) but one heartbeat was 125 and the other was 127. Slow since it is so early but within normal range and they are about equal in size which is great. So again, please add us to your prayer list for a healthy pregnancy, babies and momma.
I think that is enough Adams' news for one day.
3 comments:
Wow! I'm so troubled by Walt's news and will be keeping you all in my prayers. NOw, as for the last paragraph you slid in there.........ahhhhhhh!!!! OMG! I'm stunned! Wishing all the best for each of you....all five!
Please continue to keep us updated on Walt and on the pregnancy. I must say that I was speechless when I read the last paragraph. Get some rest, take care of yourself and remember your Macon prayer warriors are working overtime!!!
Wow...you have had a lot going on girl. I will be praying for Walt and Holy Cow...TWINS!! How exciting!! Keep me updated and let me know if you need anything!
Love you-Amanda
Post a Comment