Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mommy time = Kitchen time







Let me back up to Friday afternoon. My hubby calls me and says he has arranged for his parents, himself and all the kids to take a day trip to Lane's Peaches and the Cordele Farmer's Market to get peas to put up for the winter. I felt guilty about everyone going but me but then thought I best enjoy some mommy time since it happens so rarely. I personally think my hubby gets best hubby award for this one!

So Saturday morning we got up early and got everyone dressed. The kids had some breakfast and I packed snacks and extra clothes and so forth. Meemee and Poppie arrived bearing donut holes for the kids and we loaded them all up in their new car seats for the van. I kissed everyone goodbye and watched them leave as I was all teary-eyed. Weird feeling.

I ran to Publix to get groceries (much needed after 2 weeks of no real grocery trip) and came home to clean up just a little. Then I decided to take a load off on the couch and got sucked into Swamp People (love that show). Later I met a good friend for some ;lunch and shopping without any kids. That was a real treat (Thanks Emily for spending some time with me).

Came home to wait on everyone and again laid on the couch and watched more Swamp People. When they arrived, we unloaded everyone and the goods purchased. They got Pinkeyes, zipper peas, squash, okra and cataloupe. We have eaten one cantaloupe and I am working on putting up three bushels of peas today. We did this last summer and the peas lasted us all year. Good thing have two extra freezers in my laundry room and storage room. They are really being put to good use with all the meat and pork we have too!

No comments: